wants to watch The Abominable Snowman
Because: https://social.vivaldi.net/@gsverrisson/117065472604629426
Ricós - Posts
finished watching Viy
A 60s Russian horror comedy with some serious Sam Raimi vibes. Yes, this is a thing that exists, and I'm pretty sure Raimi learned from it.
I won't recommend most of the movie, it drags despite being short, but in the few moments when it enters its crazy makeup and visual effects mode, it *is* great. I've taken 1000 screenshots for future pixel art reference or... I don't know what I'll do, but I must do something with those colors and ludicrous shots.
wants to read Pax Silica
The gen"AI" cover pains me, but I get the point and I give Robinson the benefit of the doubt. Anyway, I guess this one will work as kind of a sequel to Can Global Capitalism Endure?*, which was released just when this shitstorm of broligarch power accumulation was unleashing.
I'd love for books about the real world not to read like a serialized dystopia, but this is what we have.
stopped watching Don't Look Up
Sure, I could rant about what McKay gets wrong and right, but this is my log, and I just want to log that this movie gives me:
+1 point of armchair Cassandra ego?
-10034 points of mental health
And all of this while I F5 the news about potentially catastrophic rains here.
finished watching Terminal Invasion
Sometimes, one needs an easy to watch Bruce Campbell TV-movie. This one is even set in a confined space during a snowstorm, which also feels comfortable to me for some reason.
Best line: *police sirens start* Well, they're playing my song.
started watching Terminal Invasion
Sometimes, one needs to see an unassuming, easy to watch Bruce Campbell TV-movie. This one is even set in a confined space during a storm, which also feels comfortable to me for some reason.
finished watching The Pool
I can't believe I endured through the whole string of preposterous plot devices. I wanted to stop but couldn't.
Check your trigger warnings before you watch it, if you do watch it, which you shouldn't .
Then again, what if you end up trapped in an empty swimming pool with a crocodile? Would you spend your final moments regretting not having seen the movie about your exact same ordeal? And would this movie have provided useful ideas to help you survive? No. In fact, this movie not only won't help anyone in any situation, instead it's making me want to throw myself into an empty pool, with twenty hungry crocodiles. Head first.
WTF, did I kind of enjoy this?
Send help.
#movies #MoviesAboutBeingStuckInAPool #AreAthing #ThisIsTheSecondOneIveWatched
wants to watch Kung Fu Deadly
Because: https://eggplant.place/@klu9@eggplant.place/posts/625366977406081920/
finished watching Queens of the Dead
Don't know anything about drag culture or their stereotypes, so I can't go into the politics of it all, nor judge the in-jokes I'm sure I didn't detect.
What I know is that I did like the movie. The characters felt human, their personalities and relationships run the show way more than the zombie shenanigans, the kitsch aesthetics and humor work. It doesn't try to be hilarious, scary or reinvent the zombie movie, it's just lighthearted fun with a bunch of likeable characters.
👍
@klu9 Exactly, I didn't make the connection between him and lots of movies until I stopped to read his list. I'll admit I have a soft spot for his Moreau, what a bonkers movie :D
finished watching Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
Another deconstruction of the slasher genre. The concept is pretty good, but the movie likes slashers and I don't.