finished watching Hard Boiled ๐๐๐๐๐
Louis Posteur - Posts
finished watching Intruder ๐๐๐๐๐
takes a long while to get going, but when it does it's a perfectly serviceable slasher
finished watching The Sword and the Sorcerer ๐๐๐๐๐
This feels like an attempt to cash in on the popularity of sword and sorcery by doing a very bog standard and old fashioned swashbuckler with the bare minimum of nods to the genre tacked on.
There is blood on the swords. There is (a disappointingly small amount of) black magic that adds nothing to the plot. There are boobs. But mostly there are endless, tedious sword fights with jarringly jaunty music. Not good.
The credits claim a sequel is imminent lol. It was not.
finished watching Deathstalker II: Duel of the Titans ๐๐๐๐๐
You ask, is it good? I reply, what is 'good' anyway. What it is is incredibly endearing
finished watching The Devil Rides Out ๐๐๐๐๐
Worth watching just to hear the way Christopher Lee says 'syuperstition'
finished watching The Odyssey ๐๐๐๐๐
Saw this in fake-IMAX last night. It was fine, in the way that Nolan movies are always... fine.
finished watching Witchboard ๐๐๐๐๐
Surprisingly enjoyable garbage ngl
finished watching The Invitation ๐๐๐๐๐
I gave this four stars immediately after watching it, but after some thought, the supporting characters are a bit underdeveloped. The film would have benefited from a few more reveals from the history of the friend-group, rather than milking what little there is quite so hard. That said, it does that milking very effectively, and it's good milk.
finished watching I Love Boosters ๐๐๐๐๐
OK I'm finally ready to accept that having too many ideas in a single movie is a stylistic choice on Boots Riley's part. This slaps.
finished watching I, Madman ๐๐๐๐๐
The central performance leaves a lot to be desired, but it's an interesting enough story and there's some really nice stop motion near the end